Wednesday, November 26, 2008

On the Road--Sedona


DSC_0002.JPG, originally uploaded by fredsworld.

The Coffee Pot Restaurant
2050 W Highway 89A
Sedona, AZ


When we were in Arizona two weeks ago, I was looking for a breakfast place where the locals go. When I read that The Coffee Pot offers 101 types of omelets and they leave a big pot of coffee on the table, my search was over. True, the parking lot is small and the line can snake out the door on weekends, but that's part of the experience.

Did I mention 101 omelets? With ham, with steak, with feta cheese, with spinach, with lox...Decisions, decisions. I had the classic with feta, spinach, and onion and home fries crisp and browned on the griddle. Rich was less happy with his tuna sandwich, but you really have to go for the omelets.

And the view of the Coffee Pot red rocks out the back is an added bonus.

No comments: